In summary, we do not collect personally identifying information about you, unless you voluntarily choose to make an online donation or otherwise provide it to POF.
- What personal data may be collected through the Sites;
- How your information may be used;
- How your information may be shared; and
- The choices you have regarding collection, use, and distribution of your information.
III. Types of Data We Collect
With the exception of the Non-Personal Data described below, we will not collect personally identifying information when you visit our Sites unless you choose to provide such information to us. Providing such information is strictly voluntary unless the information is required to complete a transaction. We do not request or store sensitive information, such as credit card numbers, from non-donor visitors.
You are not required to create a user account or enter your name or mailing address when using our Sites. We use the information you provide in order to deliver the information or services that you request and/or to process your donations, and so that we may send information and materials that we think may be of interest to you.
The types of Personal Data we may collect include, but are not limited to:
- General data (e.g., names, home and business addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers that are provided by our donors/customers);
- Demographic information;
- Financial information (e.g., credit and debit card numbers) provided to POF for donations, event or product sales; and
- Other personal information necessary to process your request for information or donation (e.g., honoree information provided by you, donation details, educational programs, etc.).
We may collect information (whether online, by phone, or by paper) that does not directly identify you as you interact with our Sites ("Non-Personal Data"). The types of Non-Personal Data we may collect include, but is not limited to:
- Site usage (e.g., browsing history, date/time stamp, time spent on Sites);
- Computer type, operating system and platform type; or
- Identity and information regarding internet service provider.
IV. How We Use Your Data
In addition to the uses described above, we may use your Personal Data, sometimes combined with Non-Personal Data, in a variety of ways including, but not limited to the following:
We may use Personal Data for the following:
- Administer the Sites;
- Provide service communications such as donation confirmations and customer service messages;
- Otherwise respond to inquiries and to send you communications;
- Personalize and improve the usability of the Sites; and
- Share Personal Data with third-party payment service(s) to facilitate donations made through the Sites.
We use Non-Personal Data to improve the usability of our Sites and for other business reasons. Please note that, when you select an advertising link or other link that takes you to sites not operated by POF, you may be subject to the privacy policies of these third-party sites.
V. How We Share Your Data
Except as disclosed below, we do not sell or permit access to your personal information to anyone outside of the POF.
We occasionally use third-party agents, affiliates and/or partners to perform functions such as marketing, analytics, etc., on our behalf. These entities have access to only the pertinent personal information needed to perform their functions and we are committed to contractually obligating such third-parties, affiliates and/or partners to maintain the confidentiality and security of any personal information provided. POF endeavors to restrict such third parties from using, selling, distributing or altering this data in any way other than to provide the requested services.
We may share your Personal Data, sometimes combined with Non-Personal Data, in a variety of ways including, but not limited to the below:
- With third parties to fulfill service requests and to perform business functions (e.g., POF contracts with third parties to provide services on our behalf such as data hosting services);
- With third parties as required by law or to protect POF in the event that such action is necessary: (a) to conform to legal requirements or comply with any court order, law, or legal process served on POF, including to respond to any government or regulatory request; (b) if POF believes disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of POF, our donors, or others, including exchanging or disclosing information, as necessary, for the purposes of fraud protection; or (c) to protect the personal safety of POF personnel or members of the public in appropriate circumstances;
- With an electronic payment processor in order to accept and process electronic credit card payments through our sites (currently we use affinipay.com for such purposes and share information provided with it);
- Share data with third parties if POF and/or its assets (or a portion of its assets) are sold, assigned, transferred, or merged, or if POF undergoes some other change including a change to its corporate form as part of a bankruptcy proceeding or otherwise. Information may be transferred as part of such a transaction or change;
- With third parties in other unanticipated situations;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the data; and/or
- With your consent.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to our Sites. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Sites.
VI. Linking to Other Internet Sites
VII. How You Can Access, Change and Delete Your Personal Data
VIII. Cookies and Other Web Devices
IX. Contact Information
If you have questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices or if you wish to change, access, or remove your Personal Data, please contact us using the following contact information.
Peachtree Orthopedics Foundation - PRIVACY INQUIRY
3200 Downwood Circle NW Suite 700
Atlanta, GA 30327
Phone: (404) 350-4709
Effective Date: August 4, 2020